For many people having their own blog gives them a chance to share their passion with others. It can also provide an additional income as there are many different ways that you can monetize your blog.
If you are serious about making money from your blog then you need to concentrate on the two main ways of earning which are affiliate marketing and Google Adsense.
The question of which of these monetization strategies you should concentrate on is not an easy one to answer but it can be helpful if you know what the main benefits of each strategy.
- You Can Earn All The Time. Affiliate marketing is a great way to build passive income as you can keep profiting from sales again and again.
- It Becomes A Lot Easier Once You Have Built Trust. When you have established a good relationship with your visitors then you will find that affiliate marketing becomes much easier.
- You Don’t Need Huge Amounts Of Traffic. You can start affiliate marketing when you have as little as 1000 visitors per day.
- Relevant Products Should Sell Well. It should be fairly easy to find affiliate schemes for products that you use on a regular basis and can therefore recommend.
- You Are In Complete Control. You can make all the decisions yourself when you are involved in affiliate marketing which gives you complete control over your own business.
- It Is One Of The Quickest Ways To Make Money Online. Many new bloggers start with Google Adsense because it is a good way to start making money fairly quickly.
- You Don’t Need Any Marketing Experience. Google will allocate the adverts to your site for you based on the content you produce so you do not need to have any previous marketing experience.
- There Is No Need To Find Products To Promote. As previously mentioned, the ads will be provided by Google and so there is no need to search out products that you will be able to promote.
- It Can Be Very Lucrative When It Is Done Right. Many bloggers use Adsense as their main source of income from their blog and so it is possible to be very successful with it.
- There Are No Specific Skills To Learn. You do not have to learn how to be a great copywriter or any other new skills when using Adsense as you can just set it up and go.
If you are having trouble deciding which strategy to use then it may seem like a good idea to try them both out at the same time.
However, this is not recommended for a number of reasons. Depending on the type of site that you have, one of these strategies will certainly be better than the other and so this should be the one that you are concentrating on.
For example, Adsense works much better on a niche site and affiliate marketing is better suited to an established site that is already getting a lot of traffic.
The strategy that is recommended by many online marketing experts is to start off with Adsense when your blog is new and you are still building an audience.
If you keep creating good content then the traffic to your blog will continue to grow. When you have established a reputation as an expert in your field then this may be the time to introduce affiliate marketing.
When you are trusted by your audience then they are more likely to listen to your recommendations and purchase the projects that you suggest.
You will only be able to earn a full-time income from your blog if you are consistently attracting high volumes of traffic to your site.
This is something that you will need to be working on all the time. You will probably find that you have to spend as much time on promoting your blog as you do creating the content.
The question of which monetization strategy will work best for you is not one that is easily answered because it largely depends on what type of blog you have and your own personal preferences.
Some of the best advice that can be given is to experiment with both strategies and see which one works best for you.
Affiliate marketing is preferred by a lot of experienced bloggers but they also find ways to make Adsense work to their advantage as well.